The Racken Rest II is an Australian designed gun rest designed to hold a rifle on a vehicle window sill while driving the vehicle. It can mount to either sides of a vehicle door. The rest is capable of holding a rifle in place to keep the rifle firmly fixed in place. This means a shooter will not be required to repeatedly set up or remove a rifle every time he/she needs to take a shot. The mount has a swivelling capability for lateral and vertical movement. The tension controlled vertical and horizontal swivelling action has a range which is unmatched by any other rest ever developed for the doors of a vehicle. The arms are also telescopically adjustable for height and length to adjust for each rifle and shooter.
The Short Racken Rest is designed for:
- Toyota Land Cruiser with quarter window (note: not all Landcruiser models need the short model. Mainly needed for square shaped windows)
- Land Rovers
- Rear Windows
- As a universal model: By adding a shorter strut to the front, the Short Racken Rest II can be modified to fit almost all windows (note: The standard issue front strut may be too long for standard shaped vehicle doors, a medium strut will be needed - Contact Eagleye for assistance)
Racken Rest II Upgrades:
- Included Double Swivel Mount: Now included as a standard issue
- Sturdier build. Eliminating welding on key points has enhanced the weight bearing capacity of the swivels
- Longer mid tube section: Allows more adjustments within the cradle
- Extended Rear Arm: Longer extension arms allow for more adjustment for rifle positioning in the cradle and comfort for shooter adjustability
- Ball Points Locators On the base: Provides a home position where the swivel arm is gently but firmly locked into position
- An optional balance strut: An after sale item for heavy barrel and suppressor type firearms we have an option to attach a strut which helps bear the forward heavy weight of the firearm
- An Optional “Lean to Pad and Brace”: An after sale item for shooters that simply want to shoot from a padded bar as a secondary option as opposed to fully mounted in the cradle
- Off Set Arms: An after sale item for rifles with magazines we have developed a configuration that allows for large magazines and pistol grips
- Strap Down Option: An after sale item to counter the talk of barrel interference and accuracy from strapping over barrel
- New Colour and sleek looking design
Note: The Racken Rest II (Short Model Only) now comes with longer V Mount Tubes, for extra height adjustment abilities that may be necessary for lower window sills
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Xhunter Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review